August 02, 2005

I'm Back

Alright, I have been back since Saturday, so this headline is not exactly news, but hey, I needed something to put in the title bar. Vaca was good, great at times, pretty exhausting at others and sometimes irritating at others. I got to: play with the kids a lot, do the Dirty Dancing lift with my wife in the pool (I'm no Patrick Swayze, but she was held aloft), play golf a few times, view a school of 30 Mahi right under our boat in the Gulf Stream, eat some nice steamed shrimp, hang out with my brother for more than 10 minutes on Sunday morning, hang out with other sundry relatives, and generally just get a good rest.

Probably my favorite part of vacation is coming home though. The same house that you fuss about when you are always at home looks so good when you return from an absence. You forget the blessings you have right here at home. Even more so, I miss my church. I miss my God family. Being away puts that into perspective too. I miss those folks. It is good to be back. Of course, how cool would it be to take the whole church and just rent a beach, several houses, everyone sharing, etc.

A few of us, about 5 families went camping back in May over the Memorial Day weekend. It was fantastic. There are always a few issues you deal with when you tent camp, but my favorite feature is the nightly gathering around the campfire. Cabins give you a place to hide away, but tents aren't like that. You have to be around each other, and it is a good thing. Now, with those people, memories have been made, and Sundays are not just a 10 second hello, but a genuine "Good to see you"!

Ahh, maybe that is the future fix for churches, camping. I think I am onto something here. WWJC (Where Would Jesus Camp), the new thing in church relationships. Maybe I will start a side business, Christian Camp Outfitters...camping gear, clothing, site planning, bibles and portable communion portions. Who wouldn't want this?

Speaking of camp, we are at the junior camp week at Howell's Mill every evening, with yours truly leading the evening worship. What I lack in singing ability I make up for in crazy antics. Hey, I may not be Matt Hayes but can he do Jeba's Love like I can? There is something about an overweight guy doing jazz hands that just makes people happy. I think the sweat adds something it. Anyone that knows me for a bit of time knows that I perspire at about twice the rate of others. Its nice, like a personal shower! I mean, if a woman refers to her own perspiration as "being aglow" well then, I glow like the freaking SUN!

But hey, that is me. And this is me, glad to be home, happy to be at camp for some of the time, working feverishly on some projects for MU.

I'll be seein ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home