January 24, 2006

Around the Office

OK, this is certainly a stupid idea, no doubt about it, but, I was looking at my office camera and took this picture as a test.



This is my silly idea that goes with this pic. It is taken from the perspective of a coffee cup that serves as a pen holder, looking on at my travel coffee mug that actually serves the purpose of coffee vessel. I imagine the feelings of low self esteem and bitterness from the white mug. All this time, holding pens and markers, getting dusty, never getting any attention.

"Look at better-than-everyone Mr. Copper," says the mug, "I'll bet he is keeping some coffee hot for his owner, while I just hold pens, most of which never get touched. Look at him, he doesn't care about anyone but himself. He gets washed, carried to meetings...all I get is a stupid pen from a conference that he went to a year ago. If I could only once, just once, be drunk from, that is what I was made for, that is who I AM!! But NO, its not gonna happen. I have too many ink marks that will not be cleaned. If I could only move, I would show that thermal mug a thing or two."

OK, that was a bit strange. All that from just a picture. I spared you from the thoughts of coffee mug suicide, with the mug imagining how sorry I'd be when he was broken, letting all of my pens spread all over the floor.

I honestly don't know why I even posted this, but hey, there you go. Just call it my "Deep thoughts with Jack Handey" post.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger George Welty said...

wow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home